Deepa Kulkarni – Attorney at Law
Ms. Kulkarni obtained her law degree with distinction from the McGeorge School of Law, University of Pacific where she was a member of the Roger J. Traynor Honors Society.
At Kulkarni Law PC (formerly Kulkarni Legal Services), Ms. Kulkarni provides the following services to her many clients:
- Estate plan advice and document preparation
- Probate, estate and trust administration advice and services
- Counsel to employers across a broad spectrum of employment law and human resources matters
Ms. Kulkarni purchased the estate planning practice of her dear friend, Laura Stodden Parker, after her unfortunate passing. She and her staff work tirelessly to provide estate plan documents which reflect her clients’ wishes and meet their needs. In addition, they provide caring advice upon passing of a loved one, assisting with the legal requirements and other duties associated with administering an estate, whether through trust or estate administration or, if necessary, probate through the courts.
Ms. Kulkarni began her employment career in Human Resources (HR) after obtaining her Master’s degree in Labor and Industrial Relations from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She is also certified as a Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR). Ms. Kulkarni spent more than a decade performing a variety of HR functions for companies of various sizes, before deciding to go to law school.
Ms. Kulkarni has called Davis her home since 1998. She and her husband love to travel and have traveled extensively with their children over the years, including to six continents in less than a year. Someday, they would like to travel to Antarctica. When she is not traveling or working, Ms. Kulkarni enjoys watching her children participate in karate, wrestling, basketball and skiing.
- California Bar Number: 287097
- J.D., with Distinction, University of Pacific McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, CA
- Master’s in Labor and Industrial Relations, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Bachelor’s of Commerce, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
- Senior Professional of Human Resources
- Certificate in Mediation (40 hours training)
- State Bar of California, Labor and Employment Section
- State Bar of California, Trusts and Estates Section
- Yolo County Bar Association
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Probate and Estate Planning Section
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Davis Chamber of Commerce
- Society of Human Resources Management
- Sacramento Area Human Resources Association
- Roger J. Traynor Honors Society
- Moot Court Honors Board
- Dean’s Honor List
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence: Business Associations
- Academic Achievement Scholarship
- Marc and Mona Roberts Labor Law Scholarship
- Dean’s Scholarship and Honors at Entrance Scholarship
- President and Founder: McGeorge Employment and Labor Law Society